Maintaining good oral hygiene can save you from a lot of costly dental procedures in the future. But when you don’t take care of your oral hygiene, you will experience various dental issues, including root canal infections.
While nobody gets excited when their dentist recommends a root canal treatment, this treatment has a 95% success rate. On top of that, dentists perform millions of root canal treatments each year.
However, before you go through this dental procedure, you need to know everything about this procedure and the root canal cost in Australia.
What is a Root Canal Treatment?
A dental extraction is not your only choice if your tooth is badly infected or damaged. Thanks to root canal treatment, you can still save your infected tooth.
Root canal treatment is an endodontic treatment in which the dentist cleans the infected dental pulp and seals the treated tooth. The purpose of the procedure is to alleviate extreme pain.
Contrary to popular belief, root canal treatment is not painful. With the recent advancements in the dental industry and local anesthetics, most patients feel little to no discomfort during the procedure.
Before determining the root canal cost, it’s essential to know when a root canal is needed. You need a root canal if you have:
- Gum infection
- Deep tooth decay
- Chipped or cracked tooth
- Large cavities in the tooth
- Dental trauma
Root Canal Procedure
The root canal procedure includes the following steps:
- The infected tooth is isolated using a rubber dam.
- Afterwards, the dentist will use metal files to remove the infected dental pulp.
- In the next step, your dentist disinfects the area and fills the hollow root.
- Finally, the dentist seals the root canal to prevent further damage and fixes the crown over the treated tooth.
How Much Does a Root Canal Cost?
The cost of a root canal starts from $900 in Australia. But several factors can affect the total cost of your root canal treatment.
- General Dentist vs. Endodontist: A general dentist can treat a root canal. But endodontists have years of training in treating root canals, and their treatment has higher success rates. That’s why an endodontist charges a little more in comparison.
- Location of the Tooth: The front teeth have only one root and are easier to treat. However, the teeth at the back of your mouth have more than one root. If one of the molars is infected, the treatment will be more time-consuming and challenging, increasing the overall treatment cost.
- Sedation: The total root canal cost is also affected by the IV sedation you choose. It’ll cost you more if you prefer deep sedation to sleep through the treatment.
- Additional Costs: After the treatment, your dentist will use a dental crown to seal the treated tooth. Moreover, the quality of the equipment and X-rays can also add to the overall root canal cost.
Also, you’ll be glad to learn that most insurance plans pay between 30% and 50% of the cost of a root canal. But the coverage you receive depends on your insurance plan’s restrictions, deductibles, co-pays, and waiting periods.
Root Canal Treatment in Aspendale Gardens, VIC, Australia
Aspendale Gardens Dental Care is a perfect choice if you’re looking for the best root canal treatment in Aspendale Gardens, VIC, Australia. Our experienced dentists in Aspendale offer a wide range of quality dental services, including root canal treatment. Our team of highly experienced dentists and endodontists provide immediate relief from the infected tooth pain and save your tooth before it’s too late.
Contact our super-friendly customer service today to book your appointment.