Braces are designed to straighten our teeth in several ways; some take longer than others. These days, patients avoid props and look for quick results with little invasiveness. Modern treatments are that they have advanced with fast turnaround times. Treatments like Invisalign offer results within a few weeks or months.
The main reason for the popularity of Invisalign is that it is nearly invisible, and one can take it out to eat. Yet the first question many people ask is how long does Invisalign take? As no two people have the exact treatment needs. Read on to know more about how Invisalign needs to achieve the desired results.
How Long Does Invisalign Take to Work?
If you are among those who have misaligned teeth, then Invisalign is there to offer you a great smile, and it doesn’t take too much time. Most patients start to see the results within just a few weeks, and the entire duration of treatment can reach up to 12 months. The Invisalign treatment time comes down to the complexity of your case. If the issue is simple, treatment can take six months.
Patients with complicated alignment requirements can undergo up to 2 years of treatment. If you are thinking about how long Invisalign takes, you will notice the difference in a matter of weeks. Although the results may seem minimal in the start, after 4 to 6 weeks, you will see noticeable changes. You can note these changes quicker than the people around you, or it can take a little longer to see the main difference.
Why Does Invisalign Treatment Length Vary?
As every case is different, your dentist will advise you on the specific requirements and estimate how long the treatment can take. The main things that affect how long Invisalign take include the following:
- How much must the teeth be moved to get the desired result?
- The teeth movement pace differs from one person to another.
- The treatment can take longer if the distance between the teeth required to move is more significant.
- It also depends on the complexity of your case. A complex issue takes a longer time.
- Another main factor is the patient’s compliance with Invisalign for the required daily hours. If the patient doesn’t wear the aligners for long enough, the treatment cannot be as effective and may take longer.
Is it Possible to Shorten the Invisalign Treatment Period?
A great benefit of the Invisalign treatment is that you can do a few things to make sure that you make the treatment time as short as possible. Although many people think that Invisalign isn’t as intrusive as the metal braces, you get a step closer to a shining new smile when the treatment is more straightforward.
- The most crucial thing for you is to follow the orthodontist’s instructions. If you need to wear the aligners for 22 hours each day, it is better to ensure that you do it.
- You need to take reasonable care of the aligners. If the aligners get cracked, you must inform the orthodontist to prepare a replacement tray.
- If you find any food particles or plaque hanging onto the aligners, brush them out. Other than that, give the aligners a deep clean once a week.
- You can monitor your teeth at home to give feedback to the orthodontist. This way, you can progress faster through the aligners if the teeth start moving quickly.
If you are considering Invisalign then you might be interested in learning more about Invisalign cost.
Invisalign Treatment in Aspendale Gardens, VIC, Australia
It usually takes around 12 months for clear aligners like Invisalign to work for people. Aspendale Gardens Dental Care is one of the top clinics capable of treating complex cases through Invisalign treatment. If you want to learn how long Invisalign takes, our staff will help you with the information on your suitability.
Book a free consultation with Aspendale Gardens Dental Care, and don’t hesitate to contact our friendly team.